As a consumer, you want the peace of mind that comes with knowing your home is in good hands. At Adaptmyhome, we’re so confident in our ability to provide our customers with a first-class service; we offer a five-year workmanship warranty at no extra charge! That’s for every service we offer – from installing a grab rail to a complete house renovation! However, even a company as good as Adaptmyhome can sometimes make mistakes – after all, we’re human too ? – and, in the unlikely event of that happening, Adaptmyhome customers have the peace of mind of five-year cover.
What is a Workmanship Warranty, and Why is It Important?
A workmanship warranty acts as a safeguard for homeowners who want reassurance that if anything goes wrong with our workmanship, following major or minor works being carried out, the issue will be remedied. While having a workmanship warranty can be invaluable, some warranties can be misleading, with most companies only offering a workmanship warranty period of only one year. It is important to know what your warranty covers; that’s why we have published our warranty for you to review – Scroll down to see our warranty in full.
From start to finish, we want to guarantee that you and your home will be in safe hands.
Workmanship Warranty v1.1
1. This warranty applies to workmanship relating to products supplied and installed by Adaptmyhome in residential properties only.
2. We warrant to you that the products you purchase from us will be installed in a workmanlike manner by appropriately qualified and trained personnel. Adaptmyhome personnel will use a level of care and skill as it is reasonable for you to expect.
3. The warranty period for the installation services shall be five years from the date that we specify as the installation completion date. The completion date will usually be the commissioning or handover date.
4. You will promptly provide all information and support, including access to site and services, that are reasonably necessary to enable us to evaluate any alleged defect and to perform our obligations under this warranty.
5. You will ensure that all premises, plant, power, fuel support services, and other inputs that you provide for the installation and use of the products are reasonable, are fit for purpose, and will be properly used and provided.
6. If your claim is deemed valid, under our terms and conditions, we may choose one of the following options:
a) arrange for corrective work to be carried out by one of our approved installers; or,
b) arrange for relevant product or products to be reinstalled by one of our approved installers; or,
c) provide a reasonable, proportionate refund to you.
7. This warranty will only apply:
a) if the product has been installed by us and has been properly used and maintained throughout the warranty period;
b) if annual checks and servicing have been carried out by an Adaptmyhome approved engineer; and
c) if you have informed us of the alleged defect within the warranty period and within a reasonable period of discovery.
8. The warranty does not cover:
a) service and maintenance of any installations or parts of them;
b) any inherent or design defects in any installations or parts of them or any defects in any installations or parts of them caused by the manufacturer, see section 11;
c) (to the extent permitted by law) liability to any third party for death or injury;
d) liability for damage to the property of the Warranty-holder or any third party;
e) any consequential loss or damage or expense including any economic loss or damage or loss of profit;
f) any defect or matter or damage caused by a third party or occurring in consequence of any work done or modification;
g) any costs of or losses of any kind caused by the clean-up, removal, treatment or replenishment of any oil or water or other material which spills or leaks as a consequence of any defective workmanship;
h) any loss or damage arising from or caused by the state or condition of any pre-existing installation or infrastructure; or
i) the cost of any upgrade to or over and above the work which Adaptmyhome has been contracted to carry out.
9. Where we have installed a system in a property that is sold within the warranty period, the warranty can only be passed to the new legal owner of the property within the first twelve months of the warranty start date. The warranty may not be transferred to or exercised by any third party.
10. This warranty does not affect any statutory right (if applicable) in relation
to any failure on our part to carry out our obligations to you (for example, to provide services with reasonable care and skill) which you may have if you are a consumer.
11. Most products supplied by us come with the benefit of a manufacturer’s product guarantee. Details of those warranties are provided to you separately. Where a claim in respect of any of the products is notified to us by you under our terms and conditions, we will assist you by:
a) liaising with the manufacturer and use all reasonable efforts to secure a replacement of the product (or the part in question), and
b) replace any component that is agreed to be replaced under such the product warranty.
In that instance, Adaptmyhome reserves the right to make a reasonable charge for labour and access (e.g. scaffolding) involved in such replacement.
12. This warranty does not replace or limit your legal rights to bring a claim against us as the retailer of the goods supplied.
13. Warranty claims must be made in writing. You can contact us by one of the following:
Inspect (Wales) Ltd Trading as Adaptmyhome
160 Heol Llanishen Fach
By clicking the link below, which will take you to the complaint/Warranty Claim page.